Underwriters Laboratories is an independent product safety certification organization that has been testing products and writing standards for safety for more than a century. The "TL" designation set by U.L. stands for "Tool Latency," meaning a particular safe model can withstand a burglary attack by a safe expert employing commonly used hand held burglary tools, such as drills, hammers, wedges, picks, grinders, punches, and screwdrivers for a certain number of minutes - 15 in the case of a TL-15. Typically, safes are either burglary OR fire resistant - SafeandVaultStore's TL-15 models offer superb defense against both burglary and fire.
U.L testing does not take into account the time it takes a burglar to break into a building, find the safe, set up and change tools. Testing also doesn't take into account the stealth which a burglar must use to avoid detection. U.L typically has more knowledge, better tools, more freedom, and no stress of being caught and going to prison. Under realistic circumstances, a properly installed TL-15 would likely perform much better than in a U.L setting.
- Overall thickness of 5-1/4" and constructed with a 2-1/2" defense barrier of outer and inner steel plates creating a single structure enclosing a unique, high density fire and burglary resistant composite material.
- The SafeandVaultStore safe body has a total protective thickness of 3-1/4" enclosed in a high density fire resistant composite material with a proprietary anti-penetration interior steel profile.
- A reinforced drill resistant door frame protects the door and each individual bolt chamber from severe side attacks.
- A proprietary inner barrier protects against peeling attacks.
- High strengh adjustable shelves.
- Fabricated from high strengh steel with precision machined alloy dowel pins.
- Oil impregnated bronze bearing assures easy opening doors and reduced maintenance.
- Vertical height adjustment.
- U.L listed Group II key changeable combination lock, with relock and 1 million possible combinations.
- Additional spring loaded relocking device, activated by punching attack.
- Locks and relocks protected by a large proprietary drill shattering composite hardplate.
- A handle activated locking mechanism consisting of two 1-1/2" solid steel chrome plated locking bolts.
- (4) Four Adjustable Shelves.
- Weight: 3300 lbs
- Shelves: 4
- Cubic Feet: 21.06