Maybe its because the holidays have just come and gone in a flash…but all of a sudden I’m thinking about all my friends and relatives who have just had babies recently (it seems like a never-ending stream of brand-new faces on facebook!). I’m so excited for each and everyone of them, but it also got me thinking about home safety and babies.
1. Do you have a working smoke alarm on each level of your home?
2. Is your water heater set to 120 degrees or below?
3. Do you have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home?
4. Do you have window guards on all your upstairs windows?
5. Do you have child safety gates at the top and bottom of all staircases?
6. Are all medicines, cleaning products, cosmetics, pesticides and alcohol locked safety out of baby’s reach?
7. Have you removed all strangulation hazards (ribbons, necklaces, strings) out of baby’s reach?
Of course this list is not exhaustive but is meant to inspire you to properly baby-proof your home before you bring your newest addition home. In addition to baby-proofing your home to make sure the newest addition to your family is safe and sound, you’ll also want to consider how you’re keeping all those precious documents safe from harm.
Now that you have someone who is utterly dependent on you (and, who at least for the first 8 weeks of their life…can’t see beyond 8 inches in front of their face), you’ll need to make sure that all your belongings are in a safe place as well. A media storage safe or a fire safe are your best bets for this. We have a whole selection of great safes available for you on our website…and if you’re still feeling confused (or could that be the lack of sleep?!), feel free to give us a call and we’ll help make sure you have exactly what you need to keep all those birth documents, home deeds, and wills as safe as possible.
Share this post