Please read all information on the type of delivery options you have for your order. The delivery of large safes is a very sensitive operation, and we supply this information to ensure you receive the product you ordered in the best condition possible for your delivery circumstance.
Types of Delivery Services (click the links below to skip to each section):
- Small Package Delivery (under 150 lbs.)
- Curbside Delivery (over 150 lbs.)
- Garage Delivery (151 – 2000 lbs.)
- Threshold Delivery (500 to 1500 lbs.)
- White Glove Delivery (151 to 550 lbs.)
- What Happens When You Place Your Order (All Products over 150 lbs.
Small Package Delivery (150 lbs. and Under)
Small package delivery is a free service offered by Safe & Vault Store. All packages less than 150 pounds are delivered to your home or business front door via UPS or FedEX during normal business hours. There is no advance appointment call made.
Curbside Delivery (Over 150 lbs.)
Curbside delivery is a free service offered by Safe & Vault Store. Any shipments 151 pounds or larger are delivered via freight companies such as YRC, XPO, USF Reddaway or other common freight carriers and delivered curbside. The safes and vault doors are delivered on a wood pallet, curbside, where your driveway meets the street.
- Remote areas require additional fees from the freight company. Please call 800-207-2259 to confirm your area is not remote or obtain a custom quote.
- “Limited access” locations will require addition fees from the Freight Company. Please call 800-207-2559 for a quote.
- Some zip codes, including ferry points are considered beyond service points from the servicing center and may result in additional charges. Please call us at 800-207-2559 if you are unsure if you will be in a service area for a custom quote.
What are “limited access” locations?
- Carnivals & Fairs
- Colleges & Universities
- Construction Sites
- Individual/Mini Storage Units
- Mine Sites
- Military Bases
IMPORTANT NOTE: The delivery staff will not take your safe or vault door any further than curbside if this is the service you order. Freight companies will not deliver to your driveway on a Dead End road or Cul de Sac. They will only deliver to County, City or State roads. They will not deliver to a congested downtown area with no parking or a Doorman Condo or Apartment. Garage/Threshold Delivery or Inside Delivery are available for an extra charge if you need special delivery services. Please call 800-207-2259 for other delivery options if any of these cases apply to you.
Garage Delivery (151 to 2000 lbs.)
$75.00 Additional Fee, Select this option on your product page.
Freight carrier will deliver the product and place in your garage.
Please read these requirements before placing your order:
- Access to an ‘overhead’ garage door is required and must be over pavement or concrete, no more than a 2% grade.
- Excessively steep or long driveways are not included in this service, see White Glove delivery options if this is your case.
- Roads with Excessive turns and no turn around area are not included in this service, see White Glove delivery options if this is your case.
- Drivers will not back the truck on to your driveway.
- The driver may require help to push product into your garage.
- Driver will not remove safe from pallet.
Threshold Delivery (500 to 1500 lbs.)
Threshold delivery is a flat rate of $220, choose this option on your product page.
This service includes delivery onto your driveway, garage, front porch door or inside the front door of your home (will be determined at scheduling call with freight company).
- This service does not include uncrating, unpacking, de-skidding, placement, debris removal, or set-up or bolting services.
- A few threshold steps will be acceptable, but past that stairs will not be permitted.
White Glove Inside Delivery (150 to 550 lbs.)
We have a flat rate of $285.00 on our site for White Glove Inside Delivery of safes 550 lbs. or less. Our delivery partners are licensed, bonded and insured.
Please read this information on White Glove deliveries before placing your order:
- Delivery inside your home or business includes floor protection.
- Delivery includes up to one flight of stairs (a flight is 4-15 steps - stairs must be strong enough to carry the weight of the safe and several men) outdoor steps, long carries, placement of the safe at the final resting spot, unpacking, removal of debris.
- Any additional steps 15 or greater must require a custom quote.
- White Glove Inside Delivery does NOT include anchoring of your product or lifting a safe high on to a pedestal/platform.
- If you have multiple flights of stairs or need extra help getting the safe to the location you need it, we will need to provide a custom quote. The quote process can take 3-5 business days. Call us if you have any special circumstances at 800-207-2559.
Our White Glove Inside Delivery Team Will:
- Schedule home or business delivery appointments at your convenience.
- Complete the job to your specifications as directed on the delivery form.
- Treat your home or business as we would our own.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT LOCK COMBINATIONS: White Glove Delivery agents may check your lock to insure that it will work before leaving your home and your lock combination will come in an unsealed envelope from the manufacturer (this is standard). If this is not acceptable to you, we recommend you arrange for your own local delivery and installation service.
White Glove Delivery for Safes Over 550 lbs.
For safes over 550lbs, you will need to find a professional installer or mover in your local area in order to have a safe brought inside your home or carried up or down 1 or more flights of stairs. Doing a search in your local area online for locksmiths and moving companies is recommended. If you need help locating a professional in your area, please give us a call at 800-207-2559 and we may have a referral in your area.
What Happens When You Place Your Order (Products over 150 lbs.)
- Depending on the indicated lead time on your order, you will receive an email notifying you that your item has shipped with your tracking number.
- After your item has shipped and it arrives at your local terminal, you will receive a telephone call from the freight company to schedule the delivery date.
- The freight company will schedule a delivery appointment with you for the day of delivery only. NOTE: They will not give a time window and delivery times are not guaranteed.
- Freight companies will deliver between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday only. Because Mondays are heavy commercial delivery days, some terminals will avoid scheduling residential deliveries on Mondays.
- You must be present or have someone there to inspect and sign for the product. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- If there is even the slightest damage on the packaging, note the damage on the receipt you receive and sign from the delivery staff. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the only way we can file a damage claim for a refund from the freight company and/or a replacement if your safe or vault door is damaged.