Mastering Your Honeywell Electronic Door Lock: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you ready to take full control of your Honeywell Electronic Door Lock and its incredible features? This guide will walk you through setting up your Honeywell door lock, programming user codes, enabling auto-lock, and much more. This smart door lock is a valuable addition to your home security, and we'll ensure you make the most of it.
Note: This walkthrough is for Models 8732001, 8732101, 8732301, 8732401
Before we delve into the programming and customization options, let's ensure you've got your Honeywell Electronic Door Lock installed and ready to go.
Tools Required for Pre-drilled Doors:
- Phillips Screwdriver
Tools Required for Doors Requiring Drilling:
- Tape Measure
- 2-1/8” (54mm) Drill Hole Saw
- 1” (25mm) Drill
- 1/16” (2mm) Drill
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Entry keys (2 ea.)
- Latch (Adjustable) for 2-3/8” (60mm) to 2-3/4” (70mm) backset
- 5/16” (8mm) Screws - 2 ea.
- 3/4” (19mm) Screws - 5 ea.
- 7/8” (22mm) Screws - 2 ea.
- 1” (25mm) Screw - 1 ea.
- Strike Plate
- Prepare Door and Jamb:
- Cut out and use the provided template to mark holes.
- Drill holes as per the template for latch and lockset.
- Chisel the latch hole until it's flush with the door edge.
- Mark and drill the door jamb for the strike plate.
- Adjusting Latch:
- Measure and adjust the latch's backset if needed.
- Installing Latch:
- Ensure the faceplate sits flush with the door.
- Secure the latch using provided screws.
- Installing Exterior Assembly:
- Insert the exterior assembly onto the door with the tailpiece in the vertical position.
- Route the control wire through the door.
- Secure the assembly to the door using screws.
- Optional Installation:
- Drill a pilot hole for additional screw (if needed).
- Ensure the latch operates smoothly.
- Installing Interior Assembly:
- Attach the control wire to the interior assembly.
- Secure the interior assembly to the door using screws.
- Test the lock's operation.
- Installing Batteries:
- Insert 4 AA alkaline batteries into the battery compartment.
- Ensure correct polarity.
- Slide the battery cover into place.
- Testing Lock:
- Test the lock using the interior knob and keypad.
Please note that these are simplified steps, and it's crucial to follow the detailed instructions provided in the owner's manual for a successful installation.
Programming Your Door Knob Codes
Your Honeywell Electronic Door Lock offers the convenience of customizable user codes. You can set up individual codes for multiple users, making it perfect for families or shared spaces. Here's how:
Changing the Programming Code (PC)
Start with the default Programming Code (PC) of 123456 and follow these steps:
- Enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 4 + (Unlock Button) + (New 6 digit PC of your choice) + (Unlock Button) + Re-enter New PC + (Unlock Button).
- Remember to keep track of your new code for future reference.
Adding a New User Code (UC)
You can add up to 50 new user codes, each linked to a User ID (ID) between 01-50. To add a new user code, follow these steps:
- Enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 1 + (Unlock Button) + (User ID) + (Unlock Button) + (User Code) + (Unlock Button) + Re-enter User Code + (Unlock Button).
- Your User Code is now set, and the default factory code (1234) is deleted for added security.
Deleting User Codes
Managing your user codes is essential for maintaining security. Here's how to delete user codes:
Delete One Existing User Code:
- Enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 2 + (Unlock Button) + Existing (ID) + (Unlock Button) + Re-enter (ID) + (Unlock Button).
Delete All User Codes:
- Enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 3 + (Unlock Button) + Re-enter (PC) + (Unlock Button).
- Auto Lock Function
One of the standout features of your Honeywell Electronic Door Lock is the Auto Lock function. This allows you to automatically close the door after each use, enhancing your home's security.
Here's how to set or cancel Auto Lock:
- To set Auto Lock, enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 5 + (Unlock Button) + Time Value + (Unlock Button).
- Secure Lock-Out Period
Your door lock takes security seriously. After four incorrect code attempts, it goes into a secure lock-out period for 30 seconds, with warning sounds and LED flashes in red.
Turning Sound On or Off:
You can customize the sound settings on your lock. Here's how:
- To mute the sound, enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 6 + (Unlock Button) + 1 + (Unlock Button).
- To turn the sound on, enter (PC) + (Unlock Button) + 6 + (Unlock Button) + 2 + (Unlock Button).
This Honeywell Electronic Door Lock is designed with your convenience and security in mind, offering a range of advanced features to protect your home. Whether you're looking for ease of use, enhanced security, or both, Honeywell delivers. Invest in your home's security today and experience the difference.
For specific product details and purchasing options, visit SafeandVaultStore.com, your trusted source for top-tier security solutions.