Biometric technology has come a long way. You used to only see it on TV and in movies, but now in the 21st century, it can unlock your phone and your safe. Having your safe open when you need it most could be the difference between life and death in an emergency. Remembering a combination or finding a key in the dark when your adrenaline is running is not a good situation. Enter the biometric gun safe technology. All it takes is a swipe of your fingerprint on the biometric scanner, and your safe will open.
With a biometric gun safe, you can store and protect your jewelry, firearms, valuables, and documents inside. These safes are tall and are designed to hold and protect rifles. We also carry biometric handgun safes for your pistols. Each one has different levels of protection, fire ratings, sizes, and options to select. Some even have water protection. Select the one that meets your needs and select the biometric lock option if available.
What does biometric mean on a gun safe?
Biometrics are biological measurements or physical characteristics that are used to identify individuals. Any gun safe with a biometric lock can open with the swipe of your fingerprint instead of using a code, combination, or key. Because fingerprints are unique, only the ones enrolled in the lock will open the safe.
What are the benefits of a Biometric Gun Safe?
- Your fingerprint is unique, and only you will have it.
- You don't have to remember a combination or someone else getting ahold of it.
- You don't have to worry about losing a key or trying to find it in the dark.
- Quick access. Many biometric readers can open in less than a few seconds.
- It will hold multiple fingerprints. If one doesn't work, you can try another finger. You can also have multiple family members' fingerprints programmed in the lock.
- Reliable when you need it most.
- Some safes have special connectivity options to connect to your phone.
What is the most reliable biometric gun safe?
SafeandVaultStore.com carries many different brands of gun safes with a biometric lock. Some come standard with a biometric lock, and for others, you need to select it as an option. Here are some of the most reliable biometric gun safes and the locks that we carry.
1. Our top-selling gun safes from Hollon use the Securam Basic Digital Lock. It is simple to use and gives you reliable fingerprint access.
- Fast 1-second fingerprint access, sensor quickly reads your fingerprint in any position and automatically unlocks
- Enroll up to (15) Fingerprints
- Administrator fingerprint or code is used to add new fingerprints
- Uses active RF sensor for fast authentication and reliable service
- Audible beeps and green/red light indicators make programming easy
- Stealth mode – turn beeper on/off
- 4,000+ openings on a 9 Volt battery (AC Power optional)
2. Our top-selling gun safes from Browning use the Securam Scanlogic Optical Biometric Lock. It is simple to use and gives you reliable fingerprint access.
- Supports 30 fingerprints with Securam's patented OneTouch fingerprint verification
- 30 Fingerprints & User Codes: 2 Manager Codes, 28 User Codes
- Support hierarchical user management with Super, Manager, Supervisor, and User Fingerprints/Codes
- Super Code programming management and control
- Unique Self-Learning biometric function ensures easy operation
- • 4,000+ openings on a 9 Volt battery (AC Power optional)
3. Our top-selling gun safes from Sports Afield come standard with a reliable biometric lock. The lock has an integrated biometric sensor in the 3-spoke handle. It can hold up to 100 fingerprints.
Are biometric gun safes worth it?
Any lock choice comes down to personal preference. There are pros and cons to all locks. We feel that the technology of biometric locks has come a long way and is much more reliable. It means we would trust it in an emergency. With the quick access ability to open in seconds, removing the need to carry a key or remember a combination, and the security features of only you having your fingerprint, we feel they are worth it.
If you are interested in a biometric gun safe and are unsure which one will work best for you, feel free to call (800-207-2259), e-mail, or use our live chat with one of our safe experts. We are available to help you choose the best safe for your needs.
Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
*Disclaimer: Not recommended for age group 55 and above. Due to thinning fingerprints, ALL fingerprint readers will lose accuracy with increasing age.