What To Do When Your Product Arrives
Click here to view video on "What To Do When Your Product Arrives."
Over 150 pounds in weight:
Delivery of Your Product
- When the carrier calls, please be sure to make arrangements to fit your schedule. You or a designated person is required to be present at the delivery date at the time of delivery.
- Deliveries are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM only.
- A 4-8 hour window of availability is typically required.
- If the carrier attempts delivery without making an appointment, you can refuse delivery and request an appointment. Please call us at 1-800-207-2259.
- Safe and Vault Store can provide contact information for the carrier if you wish to call to set an appointment.
- Storage fees may apply if delivery is not made within 3 working days from arrival at the terminal. You will need to pay these fees before a delivery is made.
- If you will not be available to meet the driver, and will assign a representative to receive the freight, please advise them of these requirements and/or provide them a copy of this information.
- Once an appointment has been set, and a shipment has been put out for delivery, and the consignee agrees to change the delivery appointment, a re-delivery charge will apply. You will need to pay these fees before a delivery is made.
If Damage is Found
INSPECTION OF PACKAGING AT TIME OF DELIVERY: At the time of the delivery the truck driver will ask you to sign a delivery receipt. BEFORE SIGNING this receipt you must:
- Visually inspect all packaging and notate on the delivery receipt any minor scuffs, scrapes or tears on packaging. Why? Failure to notate on the delivery receipt even the most minor of scuff, scrape or tear will relieve the LTL freight company of responsibility for any damage to your product (even hidden damage) and a damaged goods freight claim is impossible to submit.
- ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT NOTE EVEN MINOR PACKAGING DAMAGE SUCH AS SCUFFS, ABRASIONS OR INDENTS. WRITE: DAMAGE TO PACKAGE".
- Minor nicks, scratches scuffs and abrasions are common for safe and large product deliveries. These do not affect the operation of the product and touch up paint is available through Safe and Vault Store. If any parts are missing, please contact us and we will promptly send you replacement parts. Even though these are common, we still want you to write them down on the delivery receipt.
- You should ask the driver if you can remove the packaging to inspect the actual product for damage. It is the driver's discretion to allow you to remove the packaging and they may refuse. We recommend you remove the box and/or wrapping to inspect your product if allowed.
- If someone other than yourself will be meeting the driver to receive your product, please advise them of this responsibility. PRINT these instructions and provide to them.
- Refuse major damaged freight and/or note any major damage on delivery receipt before signing. Please contact Safe and Vault Store immediately to report problems to email@example.com (Major damage is severe scratches, dents or creases that impact the integrity of the product).
- If you sign the freight bill, accepting delivery as undamaged, without inspecting the packaging or product, WE CANNOT FILE A FREIGHT CLAIM. Please call us and we will provide you with the Freight Companies contact information. LTL FREIGHT CARRIERS WILL NOT HONOR A FREIGHT CLAIM IF YOU DID NOT NOTATE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DAMAGE ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT.
- Most freight carriers allow 45 hours from a delivery to file a freight damage claim. After this time has passed, you will then need to file a freight claim with the shipper on your own behalf.
- To file a freight claim immediately call us at 800-207-2259 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax or e-mail the original delivery receipt with your signed notation and photos if possible showing condition of the freight. SAFE AND VAULT STORE MUST HAVE A COPY OF YOUR NOTATION OF DAMAGE ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT TO FILE A CLAIM WITH A CARRIER.
- If more than one product is delivered to you, and some of the product(s) are not damaged, you need only refuse the damaged product and accept the other units. Note on the Delivery Receipt how many units were refused for damage.
- If you sign the delivery receipt, accepting delivery as undamaged and later find damage, Safe and Vault Store and carrier will not be responsible for repairs or replacement of the product. You MUST inspect freight IMMEDIATELY, and report concealed damage (damage not noted on the delivery receipt) within 24 hours of delivery.
- Always keep the original packaging material until someone comes to inspect it or we advise you to dispose of it. If your product is in good working condition and there are no freight damage concerns, you may dispose of the packaging.
If your item malfunctions due to a manufacturer’s defect after you have received it and within the manufacturers warranty period, we can either replace the defective part, or if necessary, the entire unit. We maintain great relationships with the manufacturers who produce them. If you are having an issue, please contact us and we will make every effort to resolve it within the manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
If your product weighs 150 pounds or less:
- If your product weighs less than 150 pounds as shown on the product detail page, your product will be shipped via UPS or Fedex Ground.
- The delivery company will NOT contact you to schedule a delivery day/time.
- No signature is required unless specified.
- Call us immediately if you notice damage to the packaging and/or product.
- DO NOT dispose of the packaging until after the claim has been resolved.
If you have any questions about this information on your order, please contact us at 800-207-2259 or: email@example.com. Office days/hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST. After hours you may leave a message and we will immediately return your call when we return.
Returns and Cancellations:
• Please see our Returns & Cancellations Policy