As you’ve been perusing our site looking at all our fancy products I’m sure you’ve been wondering how it is that a safe business (where being heavy duty is one of the tenants of a good safe) can operate as an online business. It means that good, fast, and cheap safe delivery was one of the things we had to figure out early and right from the start.
We’ve thought about it long and hard and we have a whole bunch of information for you about our shipping policies:
• Products under 100 pounds are shipped via UPS or a similar ground shipment company. These products will be delivered to your door only (not inside your home or business).
• Products over 100 pounds are shipped by freight truck. Please note that freight truck drivers will pallet jack the product into an overhead door residential garage or overhead door warehouse ONLY. They leave the safe on the pallet. For customers needing inside delivery of your product, through a man-door, we offer an optional Inside Delivery service for an additional fee. For more information please see our Inside Delivery Information.
• LTL freight truck drivers will NOT deliver to homes with excessively steep driveways. Anything more than a 2% grade will require White Glove Inside Delivery. Truck Drivers will NOT deliver to excessively long driveways, driveways with turns or vegetation and trees obstrucing the driveway.
• INSPECTION OF PACKAGING: You must inspect all packaging and note even minor scuffs, scrapes or tears on the Delivery Receipt. Failure to do so will tell the LTL freight company that this shipment is: "All Clear with no damage". SafeandVaultStore.com cannot file a freight claim if you fail to note any packaging damage on the Delivery Receipt. Any damage would be your responsibility to pay since the packaging damage was not noted on the Delivery Receipt. As for charges, we have added the cost of delivery into most of the prices of the safes. For those who want “white glove” delivery there is an option for an additional fee at check out.
• Our calculated shipping charges are based on the total weight of the order and the location of the final destination. Other than a few select products, shipping charges include a "handling fee" that is included in the total price of the product. • Shipping & handling charges do not include inside delivery to your home or business. For customers needing inside delivery of your product, we offer this optional service for an additional fee. For more information please see Inside Delivery.
• The delivery truck driver is responsible for unloading your product at the curbside or in an overhead door garage only (for residential deliveries). Commercial deliveries are made to companies with a commercial loading dock or forklift, or at the curbside if a loading dock is not available. The driver will move pallet inside an overhead door warehouse or overhead door garage. The driveway must be LEVEL or they will not deliver. Excessively long driveways, driveways with turns or trees obstructing the driveway will require White Glove Inside delivery at an additional cost.
• Truck lift gate usage is included in the delivered price for all home deliveries (and businesses without a commercial loading dock). NOTE: Select Sentry/Schwab and FireKing products do NOT include a lift gate fee of $85.00 and $85.00 for Residential Delivery. This is added to your total delivered price at checkout. • Most residential or commercial addresses are accessible by a large truck (tractor-trailer), but locations that are not accessible, or that require extra handling, may be subject to additional charges. You are responsible for these charges. Examples include: downtown locations where a reasonably close loading zone is unavailable, narrow lanes, alleys or bridges, islands or locations requiring ferry boat transportation, toll-bridges, gated communities restricting trucks, unpaved roads and remote rural locations. Commercial receiving docks shall be elevated at least 4 feet from the ground and allow easy backing and offloading of a tractor-trailer truck. Driveways that are excessively long, driveways with turns, driveways with trees obstructing them.
• If in doubt, call us and we will check with the delivery company prior to quoting any extra delivery charges. We will obtain your approval for additional charges, if applicable. • We reserve the right to decline orders for which we determine delivery to be impractical.