News about the state of the economy has more people looking at gold as an investment. While we cannot say whether this is a good idea or not, there will be more people looking for a safe harbor for their investments. What we do know is that if a person is investing in gold, and they physically have the gold in hand, they need to ensure that the gold does not fall into the hands of thieves or is lost in a fire.
Over the past 60 years, we have worked with many businesses and homeowners to secure valuables and our recommendation for the right type of safe depends on your answers to a couple of questions. While we get many callers asking about what type of safe they need, the hard part for you is sharing with us some sensitive information that we need to give you the best recommendation.
If these questions make your stomach churn, we can also provide you with some general guidelines to help you make the decision.
- What is the total value of the gold or other precious metal(s)?
- Does the location in which the gold will be stored currently have a security system?
- Are there other items of value that need to be secured and what is the value of these items?
- Are they documents (paper products) that could perish in a fire?
Make sure you do your research on burglar ratings in order to find the proper safe for the amount of gold or metal value you will be protecting. If you have any questions we are always available to speak with you. Our staff has a tremendous amount of experience working with businesses and homeowners and we want to ensure that your investment is protected by the best safe for the best price.
Share this post
- Tags: Burglar Fire Safes, burglar safes, burglary, fireproof, floor safe, gold, high security burglar fire safes, precious metals